Tuesday 3 November 2015

Work and Play

This week I have been busy making dog food for our latest family member, Django and doesn't he love it!
I got the recipe from Rhonda here.
I also picked a big bunch of beetroot and pickled it using another of Rhonda's recipes here.
I am at this moment making a vegie stock using up some tired bits that were hanging around in the fridge. I used capsicum, carrot, spring onions, celery and tomatoes. This stock will be used in soups during the winter. I have been planting the spring onion and celery ends in the garden so they can go on producing. I also put in cyclamen and pansies in planter boxes. 

I also went for a lovely bush walk to a place called Sphinx Rock, which is in the foot hills of Mt Wellington.
Please enjoy the pictures.
A beautiful day in the bush.


A lovely place to rest.


Baby Pandanus Palm

The view of the Tasman Bridge in Hobart taken from Sphinx Rock.

And of course, Django had to get in on the act.

No comments:

Post a Comment