Monday 2 November 2015

Which Came First....

The chicken or the egg?  Who knows? All I know is that these girls have laid me so many eggs lately that I had to do something!

These 3 girls have come to live with me after my kindergarten class finished for the year. They were our class pets and we had fun selling the eggs to the parents. The money we made went into the school vegie garden.  They are used to being picked up and cuddled and rush to me when they see me.

This is their new home. Its been made using the metal frames of two old swing-set as the basis for the house and the yard. Notice the ramp. Made from an old ironing board. Just the thing. We have nicknamed the chook house, Cluckingham Palace.

So what did I do with all those eggs? I made egg and bacon pies.

Rather rustic looking.

But tasty.

Nothing gets wasted, even the eggs shells were put in the oven using the residual heat to dry them out and crushed and fed back to the chooks instead of shell grit.

No comments:

Post a Comment