Tuesday 3 November 2015

Planting Sweet Potatoes

Today was the day that I have been looking forward to since I harvested my other beginner sweet potatoes. I took cuttings off the old stock and grew them in jars in water till they had a healthy supply of roots.
As you can see I have prepared the bed. I gave it a dose of biochar, worm casting, compost, blood and bone with potash and sheep poo to condition the sandy soil here. 



After planting, I  then gave them a good water with my rich nitrogen pricing tea, comfrey and worm wee, diluted of course.
my brew!

Also I spotted some asparagus beginning to make an appearance but I won't be picking any as they are just getting established, even though shortly after this photo was taken, Django took it upon himself to break it off.
I will keep you up to date on the gardens progress throughout the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment