Saturday 7 November 2015

Busy Week For The End Of Spring

Boredom wasn't something I experienced this week as I barely had time to scratch myself. As Christmas is looming, I thought it was a great time to put some bits on Ebay that I bought at the tip shop and could see the desirability, so thought I could make a little profit to help out the coffers. I had bought a bundle of decorations for $2 and when going through them I found 8 vintage decoupage-like balls that I thought might be worth while and also a set of 12 small vintage wooden, brightly painted decorations. There was also a huge bunch of tinsel and other assorted sparkly stuff. I sold the balls and the wooden toys for $10 each set, so was pleased with my profit. The leftover stuff was put in my garage sale which I had later in the week to clear the rubble that has mounted up over a lifetime.
 I noticed my shallots had scapes upon them and thought it was time to harvest, so up they came and I laid them in the sun to bake for a day or two. Then I prepared them ready for making shallot tarts. They have been caramelised with a little brown sugar and balsamic and are now in the freezer awaiting the next step.
It was a gorgeous day for a garage sale and had loads of people popped in to buy stuff.
Today we had a market stall with me selling the leftover garage sale books, cards made using my photographs, my jewelery that I have been making and of course my garlic.


Now the bearded wonder has moved so we can be together, he is starting a new business down here, a mobile picture framing service and to get his business name out there in the public arena, shared my space and created some interest, with what we hope, are prospective customers.
 Also this week I went on a photographic expedition to the Tasman Peninsula, planted more kale, corn, cucumbers, spring onions and potatoes. At the market today, I bought some lovely irises and lupins which I also have planted in my teeny tiny cottage garden. Here the food garden gets priority but I do LOVE my flowers.  I netted my brassica bed, and my cherries which are just beginning to colour up. Even though we welcome birds to our garden, they are not welcome to OUR cherries. I thinned the apples and rushed out to get some fertile eggs for my mother hen who went decidedly broody during the week. So at Christmas when the grand daughters are visiting, they will be able to see our fluffy new additions as they will a week old by then.
We still had time to take Django to the beach on most days. Now that summer is here, dogs are banned on the beach during the day and we have to take him after 7pm. Its a lovely way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment