Tuesday 3 November 2015

March Round-up

Well March has been a time of finishing off the harvest for the season (almost) and planting for the winter. I have lots of brassicas, broad beans, garlic, silver beet, carrots, parsnips, beetroot, and leeks, I am just waiting for the garlic to get a bit taller (currently they are 15cms high) before I mulch the vegie beds with wood chips.  I still have capsicums continuing to provide fruit and it will be interesting to see how much longer it will keep going as the weather gets colder as the plants still have lots of flowers and there are baby capsicums galore on the plants. The sweet potatoes are flourishing and I will protect them with shade cloth is it looks like it might me getting a bit cold for them.

Harvest for March
eggs 43  (one of our hens died a fortnight ago)
beans 200gms
carrots 345gms
apples 7.5kgs
tomatoes 3kg
capsicums 8
pumpkins 13
silverbeet 3 leaves a day for the chooks
The sweet potato vine. I just hope there is something developing under the ground. I have never grown them before so its all experimental and a little bit exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment