Tuesday 3 November 2015

A Busy Winter's Tuesday

Today I picked 3 cauliflowers to break down and freeze along with a small amount of secondary shoots off the broccoli.


1 leek, some carrots, parsnip and parsley to put into my cooking....

which was a batch of square pasties. The bearded wonder's favourite.
One of my pumpkins rolled off the top of the cupboard and cracked open when it hit the floor so I thought that I had better cook it up. We love roasted pumpkin soup, so I chucked it in the oven while it was turned on and bagged it up and popped in the freezer ready for soup day.


I thought I might make some bread rolls and as we don't use much bread, (only when we have homemade soups), the bread rolls will be frozen and just get out what we need. First the dough was left overnight to rise.

The rolls look delicious. (they were, I had one for lunch hot from the oven)

While waiting for everything to cook, I took some time to cover some books for the local school, and of course the whole day's tasks were overseen by the foreman, Django.


No comments:

Post a Comment