Saturday 7 November 2015

Harvesting again, what to do with it?



I pulled another tub of leeks and spring onions that had gotten quite large. Many were in flower.


They look very nice now they are all cleaned up, but what am I going to do with all of them? I'll think about it while I pull all the garlic, now they are growing scapes.


Wow, I have quite a load of garlic, it took several hours to pull it all. The frame they are drying on is 2 metres by 1.5 metres. When dry I will sort them. The small ones, I keep for my own kitchen, the big ones will be replanted next season and the medium size ones, which are the most prevalent, I will sell at the market. Organic, Tasmanian garlic is much sought after for both planting and kitchen use as it is extremely flavour-some.


I also found some carrots, parsnips and also a big pot of lovely new potatoes.

Oh, what did I do with the leeks and onions?



I made 8 Chicken, Leek and Vegie Pies.

They do look delicious. These will be frozen and fed to the bearded wonder for his lunches. Recipe can be found here. I added extra vegies because I wanted to use them up out of the freezer. Then I made a Ham and Leek Quiche using ham that has been in my freezer since last Christmas. The recipe can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment