Tuesday 3 November 2015

Busy Busy Bee

I have been busy listing oodles on unwanted items on Ebay.

Made a batch of pasties

We have square pasties at our house.

I harvested the pumpkins. These should last us all year.


I made a delicious loaf of bread that was eaten with Spicy Chicken and Vegetable soup with all vegies from the garden and homemade chicken stock. I just remembered to take a photo of it before it was all eaten up.

Tasmania's seas are well known for the forests of massive kelp that grows a metre a day.. We had some wild and woolly this week and loads of seaweed was cast onto the beach. We took the wheel barrow and brought home 3 loads to be composted. I mixed it with comfrey leaves which are really useful as a compost accelerator.
It was my birthday this week and I was happy to get a rainy day because they have been few and far between. I'm hoping for more, especially since I planted my red flowering broad beans.
 The night after my birthday we were treated by one of nature's special events, the Aurora Australia. 

And as the title of this post was Busy Busy Bee, here it is! A big fat furry bumble bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment