Tuesday 3 November 2015

February Round -up

This friendly chap sat on my fence for quite some time before he spotted a lizard and swooped to grab it. He succeeded and flew up into the nearly gum tree with it.


My garden is looking so good. It has rained so giving the parched plants a much needed soaking. The watering I give them isn't as good as a good rain. My pumpkins are running away with themselves and I am hacking bits off the ends just so I can get around the garden as they had grown all over the paths, up the fence and over the chook yard. I have beetroot coming up every where, silver beet for the chooks looking magnificent, leeks beans, lettuce, carrots and my tomatoes are coming to an end (probably 1 week left in them). My sweet potatoes have runners going everywhere which I am thrilled at as this is the first time for me and I'm not that convinced that they will be ok, it's all experimental but looking good so far.
My harvest figures for Feb are,
Tomatoes 14kg 750gms
Eggs. 44
Capsicums. 12
Spring onion. 240gms
Carrots. 949gms
Potatoes. 16kg 365 gms
Corn. 1 cob (bad year for corn for me here this year)

I have mosquito nets over my brassicas to stop the cabbage moths decimating the crop.

Pumpkins everywhere. This one squeezing between the compost bin and the chook yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment