Tuesday 3 November 2015

Time to Reflect

As I get closer to my birthday, I have been reflecting on what happens as time passes. When my mother was younger, I remember her talking about how all my grandmother's friends were dying off as they were in their 70's. Then my mother reached her 70's most of her friends were still alive by the time she died at 73. What is strange to me is I haven't yet reached 60 and most of my friends have passed away. Is it that my generation is less careful about looking after themselves?
This post is a tribute to all my friends no longer with me.

Jim age 17….........car accident
Peter 23...........suicide
Rachel 33........MS
Zoe 24..............Leukaemia
Robert 29 …....Heart Attack
David 37...........Suicide
Suzanne 45 …..Sclerosis of the Liver
Kate 50 …........Stroke
Kent 46 …........Leukaemia
Huw 51 …........Cancer
Michael 55........Heart attack
Cynthia 23.........Murdered
David 27............Heroin
Russell 35..........  Heroin
Mum 73 …........Heart Attack
Dad 69.............. Cancer

I am hoping the best outcome to my friends, MaryEllen, Elaine, and Renata who currently have breast cancer and my sister, Carolyn who is battling Thyroid Cancer.

I am really grateful that my very best friend (my dear husband) is still with me and I treasure the few friends I have remaining. As I get older, I find it very difficult to make new friends and I suppose that's because I am a contented soul in the quiet life that I lead, although as I get older I feel under pressure to get myself out there to meet new people so I wont be isolated as time goes on. I am beginning to get a complex, thinking that to be my friend is bad luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment