Tuesday 3 November 2015

Whats Happening?

I have planted potatoes, garlic, carrots, parsnips, swedes, silverbeet, broad beans, leeks, shallots, cabbage, caulis, parsley, asparagus, rhubarb, another apple tree, a nashi, an apricot and a nectarine.



I have harvested carrots, parsnips, silverbeet, leeks, cabbage, caulis, parsley, beetroot.

I have 3 new chooks and the old ones are now planted under the rhubarb.

The container the rhubarb is planted in is the inside of a commercial clothes dryer which I have recycled. they are large and make great planters. I have several around the garden.


I have taken cuttings from my sweet potato vines and in a few weeks dig over the old patch to see if there are any buried treasures.
See the new roots forming.

I have collected seaweed to add to my now full compost bin. Harvested all the goodies from my last bin and mixed with worm farm castings to make a gorgeous brew that will be used when I plant out my spring seedlings.

Made comfrey and stinging nettle tea for those plants that need a nitrogen fix.

I have planted out a cottage garden.



I have received an order of biochar and BD 500 preparation and will soon be preparing my beds for spring.
More dryer tubs used as planters for my spring bulbs.
 What's been happening in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment