Monday 2 November 2015

What's the Go, Joe!

 Well here I am back again after the busy time we have had over the last few weeks. I have finished up with my job and now look forward to the challenge of trying to make a living without the security I have been accustomed to. I have also moved down to my beach house, to the land of beautiful sunsets.



Over Xmas we had my daughter and grand-daughters  come to visit so we enjoyed a lovely day eating cold meats and salads on the deck looking at the above view and over the beach. Lots of fun was had.


I want to show you what the go is here at the beach.
The corn and tomato corner. When these are finished I will put a small hothouse in this corner. Remember we have been getting this place ready for some time so planted out vegies weeks before I moved here.

The promise of lovely ripe tomatoes. Bit of a way off yet but that's Tassie for you. I will be picking loads of them in a few weeks, I'd say.

Potatoes: Pink eye variety which are a waxy potato and all the rage down here in the south of the state.

Lettuce: they were supposed to be icebergs but they aren't. Not too keen on them but the chooks love them.

Carrots, spring onions, beetroot and swedes which I have been harvesting and planting leeks in their place.

Pumpkin flower: a promise of better things.

Huge leaves of the pumpkin, I hope it will grow up and along the fence and over the chook yard to give the chooks some shade on those HOT February days.


Leeks, lettuce and capsicums


The food production area. Still a work in progress.

I have 7 apple varieties and they are all bearing fruit.

Tasmania is not known for its sweet potatoes BUT it has always been a dream on mine to be able to grow them here. I am experimenting, you might say. I have sprouted, and taken cutting and as you can see they have rooted so I will keep you informed how I go. It will be interesting. We shouldn't get frosts here at the beach, so I might have a chance. Be back tomorrow with some more.

here is my other blog: http://primrosehappysnapper.blogspot.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment