Monday 2 November 2015

January's Bounty

Greengages
I have been keeping tally of produce supplied from my two gardens during JanuaryI am pleased with the results but need to remember that I am just beginning so as time goes on things will improve (hopefully).

12 lettuces I fed to the chooks as they didn't have anything else green to eat.
Greengages                             12kg 675gms
Eggs                                            56
Potatoes                                    4kg 65gms
Lebanese Cucumbers                     6
Capsicums                                     4
Sweet Corn cobs                            1
Tomatoes                                   2kg 69gms
Beetroot                                         755gms
Beans                                             296gms
Swede                                        2kgs 300gms
Nectarines                                      550gms

I bought apricots from a roadside stall for $3 a kg which I stewed and froze as the possums ate all mine off the tree. The greengages are stewed and frozen to used in desserts throughout the year

No comments:

Post a Comment