Tuesday 3 November 2015

The Benefits of Meal Planning

  1. I write down a list of what's in the garden, pantry, fridge & freezer.

    2. Then, I brainstorm a whole bunch of meals and snacks that I could make using just those ingredients. I look through my cookbooks sometimes to help me out. If a recipe needs an extra ingredient then I write it on a shopping list.

    3. I pick which recipes I want to make for the week taking into account things like, I don't feel like cooking on an occasional night.

    4. Then I shop only for what I need. Not a regular list of items that mount up in the pantry or freezer. It saves money and items get used before their use-by dates pass.
     5. A good meal planner app is available from the
     app store but for those who like to do it   
     on paper you could use the template below, 

WEEKLY MENU PLANNER Week Beginning

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
SUNDAY




MONDAY




TUESDAY




WEDNESDAY




THURSDAY




FRIDAY




SATURDAY




Prepared by: K Press




No comments:

Post a Comment