Friday 30 October 2015

Vegetarians Please Bypass This Post

This is stunt meat, as I had mine all packaged and in the freezer when I thought about a photograph. Thanks Google Images.


The freezer is bare, no meat there! Today was the day I replenished my stocks of meat. I bought in bulk and what I bought will last my husband and me for a year and it cost me $278.00. Sound like a lot of money, right! No, not when you think about it. This is what I bought:
2kg Premium Mince
2kg Sausage Mince
12 Lamb Loin Chops
32 Lamb forequarter chops
3 lamb shanks
5 Pork Shoulder Chops
4 lamb stewing chops
3 enormous chicken breasts
9 chicken thighs
3 lumps of corned silverside
6 small Pork roasts
1 kg pork stirfry
3 Kg Casserole Beef
2kg Thin Pork Sausages
4 kg Bacon
Lamb flaps currently being roasted to make stock

I have spent the last hour repackaging into meal size lots for 2 people, ( my husband and I aren't enormous meat eaters, him average servings and me less than average)  There are 200 servings in all that lot. The average cost per serving is $1.39.
Cheap hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment