Friday 30 October 2015

Shopping the Shelves at Home

If you are anything like me, you have a good stockpile of goods in the pantry. I have been the kind of person to add and add to the stockpile to the point where storage was becoming a problem.  Through April and May I have made a concerted effort to shop the shelves at home and I inadvertently have fallen into doing the $21 challenge without even thinking about it.  If you look at my expenditure page, you will see that my grocery spending has been quite small during this year.  I now have room in the pantry and I will continue to live like this till the pantry is empty, then I will focus on stockpiling again.  This way I am using foods that might have been at risk of going out of date.  Unfortunately I have never been much good at stock rotation when I was a busy full-time worker. Now that I am part time, I hope to be able to keep up with this. 

When I am stockpiling, I read the specials catalogues and buy things that I would use only when its on special, often buying multiple packs at the time. 

How do you organise your shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment