Friday 30 October 2015

Lucky Duck.....me again!

Yes I won again, this time a $50 card that I can buy groceries with.  To win this I had to explain my best money saving hint which was about how I budget.  In case you want to know what I do it's simple, really.
Take account of all your bills over a year and add 10% and divide by 26 as I get paid fortnightly. Then make automatic payments of that amount to go into a "Bills Account". Now what you have left is your food and day to day living money plus savings. I then allow myself a certain amount for food and petrol and savings and any money that I have left over from my food and petrol is paid straight off the mortgage as extra repayments. It becomes a bit of a challenge for myself, to see how much extra repayment money I can pay off each fortnight.
If you are wondering where I get all the competitions from that I enter, I go to www.lottos.com.auwhere I have paid a yearly subscription to join and with all my winnings its been truly worth it.  I have won things like holidays (to Sydney for Tropfest, Canberra to see the Ancient Egypt exhibition, and to Broome WA travelling on a tour south to Perth) appliances, perfumes, books, CDs, chocolate (once won 3kg of Ferrero Rocher, yum!) Loads of things to donate at Christmas to the Giving Tree, give to my grand children or my friends and family for their birthdays. Sometimes, even to sell so I can add extra to the mortgage. It's a lot of fun especially when when you get unexpected parcels in the mail or winning phonecalls or emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment