Friday 30 October 2015

Baking Day

I will be back at work next week and I want to be organised as I don't want to fall in the trap of buying biscuits (or chocolate). So today I used a recipe I found here  and made:

                                                             40 Peanut biscuits
                                           21 SnickerDoodles (cinnamon biscuits)
                                                     33 Chocolate Chip biscuits

                                                              13 Jam Drops

The recipe is as follows:
500gm margarine creamed with,
1cup sugar, mix in
1 can of condensed milk and
5 cups Self Raising flour

 and there you have the base to add other things. So divide the mix and add your peanuts, choc chips, jam, or cinnamon or whatever else you fancy.

On my way home from work I often used to call into the shop to buy myself a treat and I am going to break that habit by already having stuff I can treat myself with at home.  These biscuits freeze well and will be there for me when I want one. I have spent approx $9.25 and saved myself much more because while in the shop I would spent almost that much on junk, daily.

Lesson 9:  Discover your bad spending habits and think of another way around them.

Welcome to my new followers. Don't be afraid to make comments. Give me suggestions on what you want to read about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment