Friday 30 October 2015

Sanity Money or Not


The question for today: is sanity money necessary? Let me tell you a story.

During my journey to a no spend year, I have not allowed myself the luxury of sanity money and yesterday it came back to bite me.  I have been spending my time in routines throughout the year where the need for spending has been kept strictly under control (except for one slip up to which I have already confessed to).  Yesterday, I woke up with a REAL need to do something out of the usual run of my life and that was to go bushwalking to my favourite national park.  Luckily my husband was open to dropping all his plans for the day to join me in mine. I had tank of petrol in the car and I was ready to go. Within minutes the decision had been made and we were out the door. It had been many years since I had been to this national park as it’s over 2hrs from home and how things had changed. I found out that now you have to pay to go to a national park and it wasn’t cheap. It cost $33 for the 2 of us and after driving all that way it would have been stupid NOT to enter as I still had a REAL need to see the mountain and lake and walk around it. Then we had to have lunch.
So the question is, do I give myself sanity money each payday or just break out the dollars when I need it?  I think the latter.  I have managed quite well without regular money, I just needed a break.
If you would like to see the photographs that I took yesterday you can see them on my photographic blog .
Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment