Friday 30 October 2015

Slow Week Round These Parts


I haven't got much to post about this week as I go about my frugal life. I am still not spending on unnecessary bits and pieces just the essentials like groceries and petrol. I harvested shallots and made a delicious caramelised Shallot Tart.  I also replanted some smaller bulbs to that they could grow on. Today, my groceries were a bit more than expected as I have been keeping it  very low for the last 6 - 8 weeks. Today, I bought bacon bones to make soup, leeks to make a leek pie, cabbage to make coleslaw and stirfry, and chicken wings and bacon because they were really good value so I bought some to stockpile in the freezer. Cheese on special, to freeze and ham for my lunches. At the risk of sounding dull, I was pleased with what I got for my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment