Friday 30 October 2015

Orange Cleaner

During the winter when oranges were plentiful and cheap, I bought oodles and used them for cakes, cordial and for the freezer to be used at a later time. As I was using them, I would save all the orange peel  and pack them into jars and cover with vinegar. They sat on the window sill for a couple of months while the sun stewed the oils out so they mixed with the vinegar. Now, its ready and being used to clean the kitchen bench etc. leaving a pleasant orange smell even though when I use it I put it in an old spray bottle and dilute it 50/50 with plain vinegar.  I sometime use it in conjuction with bicarb soda if the surface is particularly dirty.

Look at how rich the colour becomes after leaving it for ages to stew in the sun. The jar can be sitting on your window sill and just added to as you use the citrus fruit, as lemons can be used as well.

What are some of the things you make to save money?

No comments:

Post a Comment