Friday 30 October 2015

Freezer and Fridge Foraging

Last night I dug deep into the freezer to see what I could have for tea and I unearthed a container of roasted pumpkin, (from last summer's harvest)
1/2 a large opened carton of beef stock (I used the remainder 2 weeks ago in a pot roast
I took1 large onion and 1 large spud from my stash and there it was, Pumpkin Soup.

To serve I found the remainder of a tub of sour cream and 4 rashers of bacon which I chopped and sprinkled over the cream on top of the soup.

In the pantry was an almost finished bag of bread-making flour and some yeast so I bunged together some bread rolls. Delicious!  Now, my DH has now gone back to work so I am at my shack alone, so that means same for tea tonight as the pot was big enough for 3 meals.


I finish off with a bowl of homemade caramel macadamia ice cream.
 I happened to notice today that my half used jar of Crunchy Peanut Butter was nearing its useby day so I thought I'd make some Peanut Butter Biscuits so it wouldnt go to waste.  I ended up with oodles and I will be bagging them up and freezing them for a later time.



What fabulous creations have you made from items found while foraging in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment