Friday 30 October 2015

Bill Paying Session

Oh blimey! I'm starting off January 2nd with a bill paying session (check out my expenditures page).   Luckily, we put solar panels on both of our homes. We got a green loan from the government for those panels at our main residence.  It was $10,000 interest free, so too good a deal to let go by.  Unfortunately they are not available any longer.  So the big surprise for me was a power bill of $13.53 for 3 months.  Those panels were chugging out some serious power back into the grid and saving me a nice little bundle.

Also, yesterday we went fishing and caught enough fish for our protein needs for the next 2 or three days. Fantastic, I just love flathead.



I’ve put my bread-making skills to the test and made this beaut rye sourdough which tastes awesome.  This will keep us in bread for a week.

By the way when at the shop getting groceries I said to DH "is that all we need" and he said "what about a new extension cord" (my old one had died and it allowed me to use my laptop sitting on my lounge chair)  I said "NO"  as i would adjust the place I sit to use the laptop using a shorter cord that we already have.  Small step but demonstrated how mindful I was where as before I would have just gotten the new one without thinking.

Lesson 2.  Take advantage of government subsidies where-ever possible.

Lesson 3.  Hone your skills as a home-maker as skills like bread making and fishing can save you money.



Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment